May 22nd, 2013
Pro-Life Bill Signed Into Law!
Eric Miller Invited To Bill Signing At The State House!
On Wednesday morning, May 1st Eric Miller attended the bill signing by Governor Mike Pence for Senate Bill 371.
Senate Bill 371 was the #1 pro-life bill of the session. Senate Bill 371 strengthens Indiana’s informed consent for abortion law and requires facilities that perform chemical abortions to meet the same standards as facilities that perform surgical abortions.
[Click Here] to Read Gov. Pence’s Statement from the Signing
Here are the authors and sponsors of Senate Bill 371:
Authors: Senator Travis Holdman and Senator Mike Young
Sponsors: Representative Sharon Negele, Representative Matt Lehman and Representative Bob Morris
May 7th, 2013
Governor Pence to Honor Former Governor Bowen on Wednesday, May 8th at the State House!
Governor Mike Pence will lay a wreath in the State House Rotunda at a memorial for former Governor Otis R. “Doc” Bowen at 8:00 am on Wednesday, May 8th.
Governor Bowen passed away on Saturday, May 4.
Governor Pence has asked that we send out the following information on the memorial for Governor Bowen:
Governor Mike Pence will lay a wreath at a public memorial for former Governor Otis R. Bowen in the Statehouse Rotunda at 8:00 a.m. EDT on Wednesday morning. The brief wreath laying ceremony will be open to the public. Statehouse doors will open at 7:30 a.m. EDT. Visitors should enter the East front doors of the Statehouse located at Market and Capitol Streets.
The Indiana State Police and the Indiana National Guard will post an honor guard at the memorial, which will be open to the public during Statehouse hours from 8:00 a.m. EDT to 5:00 p.m. EDT on Wednesday, May 8 and Thursday, May 9. Visitors to the memorial may sign a condolences book to pay tribute to the former governor.
Eric Miller, a longtime friend of Governor Bowen stated: “Doc Bowen was truly a unique individual. Doc loved his family, his state, and his country. His life was characterized by integrity, hard work and a servant’s heart. This included his time as a family physician, a soldier in WWII, a State Representative and Speaker of the House, Indiana’s 44th Governor and a member of President Reagan’s Cabinet.
I’m pleased that Governor Pence is going to honor Governor Bowen with this ceremony at the State House on Wednesday, at 8:00 am, and that Hoosiers will also have the opportunity to express their gratitude for Governor Bowen’s years of service and their sympathy for the family by stopping by the memorial on Wednesday or Thursday at the State House.”
April 19th, 2013
**House Bill 1427 will require public hearings and a fiscal analysis on Common Core**
Here are just a few questions the supporters of Common Core hope they never have to answer at a public hearing:
- Is it true that Common Core is part of a federal effort to collect massive amounts of personal data on families and children to be shared with federal agencies and made available to other groups?
- Is it true that the Indiana legislature never voted on, nor debated participating in the Common Core?
- Is it true that the Obama Administration is supporting Common Core?
- Is it true that out of state groups are spending hundreds of thousands of dollars in advertising to stop legislation that would require public hearings and a fiscal analysis of Common Core?
- Is it true that Common Core will cost the taxpayers of Indiana hundreds of millions of dollars to implement?
- Is it true that Indiana will lose control over educating Indiana children to unelected bureaucrats and special interests in Washington D.C. and elsewhere?
- Is it true that the new testing requirements associated with Common Core will change what is taught in private and home schools?
Urgent Action Required!
Please call and email your Representative immediately with the following message:
“Help protect the children of Indiana! Please vote YES on House Bill 1427 to require public hearings and a fiscal analysis of Common Core.”
House of Representatives
(Click Here) to find out who your legislators are.
(Click Here) Make a tax deductible contribution
of $35, $50, $100 or more to help Advance America
continue to lead the effort at the State House to protect families,
protect churches and defend traditional Values!
101 W. Ohio Street, Suite 660 • Indianapolis, IN 46204
House of Representatives 800-382-9842 & 317-232-9600
State Senate: 800-382-9467 & 317-232-9400
Governor: 317-232-4567 – Lt. Governor: 317-232-4545
or give our mailing list or email list to anyone! Your privacy is a priority!