There is a major effort to put a casino in Fort Wayne. Advance America does not support any expansion of legalized gambling in Indiana including a casino in Fort Wayne!On Friday, February 27th Eric Miller traveled to Fort Wayne to speak at a briefing in opposition to a casino in Fort Wayne. The effort to oppose the casino is a partnership between Eric Miller and Advance America and a local committee chaired by a local business leader, Mr. John Popp along with pastors, business and community leaders and concerned citizens.Advance America prepared an informational bulletin that can be distributed in churches, in neighborhoods, to friends, neighbors and relatives. Go to the download section of the website to download a bulletin insert.
Problems From Gambling!
According to the National Gambling Impact Study Commission Report:
- The Harvard Medical School Division on Addictions in its 1997 Report “estimated at that time that there were 7.5 million American adult problem and pathological gamblers.” page 4-1.
- “The study also estimated there were 7.9 million American adolescent problem and pathological gamblers.” Page 4-1.
- “The presence of a gambling facility within 50 miles roughly doubles the prevalence of problem and pathological gamblers.” Page 4-4.
- “Pathological and problem gamblers are found in every demographic group from college students to the elderly, housewives to professionals, solid citizens to prison inmates.” Page 4-9.
- “Many families of pathological gamblers suffer from a variety of financial, physical, and emotional problems, including divorce, domestic violence, child abuse and neglect, and a range of problems stemming from the severe financial hardship that commonly results from problem and pathological gambling.” Page 4-13.
What Can You Do?
Please contact your State Senator and State Representative and ask them to “Vote NO on any expansion of gambling including a casino in Fort Wayne, Indianapolis or any other city.”
Go to “Who Are My Legislators” to find out who your Senator and Representative are.
317-232-9400 or 800-382-9467
317-232-9600 or 800-382-9842
Working together we can help Indiana be an even
better place to live, work and raise a family!
House of Representatives 800-382-9842 & 317-232-9600
State Senate: 800-382-9467 & 317-232-9400
Governor: 317-232-4567 – Lt. Governor: 317-232-4545
You can find out who your legislators are and get their email address by
going to www.AdvanceAmerica.com or by calling us at (800)448-VOTE (8683).